The Marry Me soundtrack includes music by Jennifer Lopez, Maluma and Robert Goulet. This info article contains spoilers for Kat Coiro’s 2022 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Marry Me stars Jennifer Lopez as Kat Valdez, an American pop star who gets embarrassed by her famous boyfriend (Maluma as Bastian). Owen Wilson co-stars as Charlie Gilbert, a math teacher from Illinois who spontaneously agrees to marry Kat. The storyline follows the main protagonists as they carry on a faux romance and sort through their feelings. Composer John Debney (The Passion of the Christ) scored the 112-minute film; music supervisor Robin Urdang (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) selected the feature needle-drop tunes. Here’s every song in Marry Me, now streaming on Peacock Premium.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Dancing on Glass’
Marry Me Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Movie
- “Marry Me (Kat & Bastian Duet)” by Jennifer Lopez feat. Maluma (00:00:00): The Marry Me soundtrack song scores the opening sequence. Kat rehearses in a dance studio. Hoda Kotb interviews the protagonist about her upcoming marriage; the song plays again during the end credits at 01:45:00.
- “Pa Ti” by Jennifer Lopez & Maluma (00:09:00): The music plays during a cityscape montage. Various radio hosts discuss Kat and Bastian’s wedding. The music continues as Lopez’s character reads a poem passage by John Keats; it plays again during the end credits at 01:49:00.
- “Church” by Jennifer Lopez (00:10:00): Kat performs at a concert. Charlie attends the event with Lou (Chloe Coleman). The Marry Me soundtrack song plays again at 00:52:00 and 01:15:00.
- “1 En 1 Million” by Maluma (00:13:00): Bastian performs at Kat’s concert. Collin Calloway (John Bradley) reads a news report. He interrupts a conversation between Kat and Bastian.
- “Love of My Life” by Jennifer Lopez & Arkdai (00:46:00): Charlie gets chased by the paparazzi. Kat records the song in a studio. She poses during a photoshoot in a transition sequence.
- “Just Got Paid” by Sigala & Ella Eyre & Meghan Trainor feat. French Montana (00:53:00): The Marry Me soundtrack song accompanies a classroom sequence. Kat dances with Charlie’s students. Melissa (Michelle Buteau) records the moment as Parker Debb (Sarah Silverman) participates.
- “Satisfied” by Galantis feat. MAX (00:59:00): Charlie and Kat arrive at a school dance. Parker speaks to guests about photo etiquette. She winks at Charlie and Kat.
- “Marry Me (Glee Club)” by Highland Voices (01:00:00): Lou’s classmates from the glee club sing at the semi-formal dance. Kat and Charlie watch. Jonathan Pitts (Stephen Wallem) leads the performance.
- “After Love (Acoustic)” by Jennifer Lopez (01:02:00): Kat performs the Marry Me soundtrack song at the semi-formal dance. She plays a song from her first album. Kat is joined by the glee club leader, Jonathan; a recorded version can be heard at 01:12:00.
- “Act II: If Ever I Would Love You” by Original Broadway Cast and Orchestra feat. Robert Goulet (01:05:00): Charlie and Kat listen to a song from Camelot. A record plays as the characters dance. Charlie asks if they should be listening to Barry White or Drake.
- “Marry Me (Ballad)” by Jennifer Lopez & Maluma (01:19:00): Kat and Bastian perform together at a concert. Charlie watches from home with Lou and Parker. Kat and Bastian join hands in front of a Madison Square Garden crowd.
- “Segundo” by Maluma (01:23:00): Bastian performs at an after party. Charlie shows up and speaks with Kat. The Marry Me soundtrack song continues as the protagonists have a private conversation.
- “On My Way” by Jennifer Lopez (01:27:00): Kat works on a song at her piano. She records the music at a studio. The song scores a montage sequence.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Dirty Lines’
The Marry Me soundtrack also includes:
- “Elevation” by LÒNIS feat. Jeffrey James
- “Angel Boy” by William Bolton
- “String Dancer” by Dorkestra
- “Perfect Combination” by Hael
- “Swing” by Gabriel Berenbaum & Russell Pollack
- “Saucy Jack” by The Roots
- “Talking in My Ear” by The Roots
- “Marry Me (Kat Solo)” by Jennifer Lopez
- “Nobody’s Watching” by Ale Alberti, Dalton Diehl, Jeff Shue
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.