The Kimi soundtrack includes music by Billie Eilish, Beastie Boys and Elastica. This info article contains spoilers and song details for Steven Soderbergh’s 2022 HBO Max movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Kimi stars Zoë Kravitz as Angela Childs, a Seattle tech worker who investigates a possible murder. Jaime Camil co-stars as Antonio Rivas, a corporate fixer who protects the interests of Amygdala Corporation. The storyline follows Angela as she becomes the central figure in a conspiracy. Composer Cliff Martinez (Drive) scored the 89-minute film; music supervisor Season Kent (Suicide Squad) assembled the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Kimi.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘All the Old Knives’
Kimi Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 HBO Max Movie
- “Oxytocin” by Billie Eilish (00:05:00): Angela asks Kimi to mute her television. She requests the artificial intelligence system to play a Billie Eilish track. The Kimi soundtrack song kicks in as Angela works out at home; it plays again briefly at 00:41:00.
- “Intertia Creeps” by Massive Attack (00:23:00): Angela listens to a new stream while working at home. She hears the voice of a distressed woman mixed with music. The song drops after 15 seconds and can be heard throughout the movie as Angela investigates the audio clip.
- “Sabotage” by Beastie Boys (01:19:00): Angela receives a video call from her mother. She sets up her attackers with a voice command and then asks her AI system to play the hip-hop music. The Kimi soundtrack song scores an escape sequence.
- “Connection” by Elastica (01:24:00): A Seattle television station reports on the Amygdala murder scandal. The camera roams Angela’s apartment. Kravitz’s protagonist overcomes her fears by meeting Terry (Byron Bowers) outside.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Television: ‘Anatomy of a Scandal’
The Kimi soundtrack also includes:
- “Piano Sonata No. 7: III. Menuetto: Allegro” by Jenő Jandó
- “Piano Sonata No. 23: I. Allegro assai” by Ludwig van Beethoven
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Categories: 2020s, Crime, Drama, HBO Max Originals, Soundtracks of Cinema, Streaming Originals, Thriller
You must be logged in to post a comment.