The Orphan: First Kill soundtrack includes music by Interpol, Jimmy Durante and The Juliana Theory. This info article contains spoilers and song details for William Brent Bell’s 2022 Paramount+ movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more streaming guides.
Orphan: First Kill stars Isabelle Fuhrman as Leena Klammer, an Estonian woman who suffers from a gland disorder that causes proportional dwarfism. Julia Stiles co-stars as Tricia Albright, a Connecticut native who reunites with her missing daughter. The storyline follows Leena as she pretends to be Esther Albright and begins a killing spree. Composer Brett Detar (Brahms: The Boy II) scored the 99-minute Paramount+ film; music supervisor Ian Broucek (Peacemaker) selected the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Orphan: First Kill, a prequel to the 2009 film Orphan.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Black Phone’
Orphan: First Kill Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Paramount+ Movie
- “Les Saisons (The Seasons), Op. 37” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Andrej Hoteev (00:16:00): Leena plays a piano after killing a doctor. The Orphan: First Kill soundtrack song continues as she cleans blood off her body. Leena drinks wine and browses the Department of Missing Persons website. She decides to assume the identity of Esther Albright.
- “Evil” by Interpol (00:19:00): A graphic establishes the setting as Darien, Connecticut. Gunnar Albright (Matthew Finlan) participates in a fencing competition. Tricia and Allen (Rossif Sutherland) cheer for their son.
- “The Glory of Love” by Jimmy Durante (00:29:00): Esther plays a record in her bedroom. She speaks with Tricia and Allen about a meeting with Dr. Segar (Samantha Walkes). The Orphan: First Kill soundtrack song plays again at 00:47:00 and 01:29:00.
- “Chopin’s Lullaby” by Frédéric Chopin (00:39:00): The orchestral piece accompanies a dinner sequence. Allen talks about Esther’s drawing abilities. The music fades as Inspector Donnan (Hiro Kanagawa) shows up for a visit.
- “We’re at the Top of the World” by The Juliana Theory (00:46:00): A party scene begins. The Orphan: First Kill soundtrack song continues as Gunnar hangs out with friends. He says that Esther dresses like Lizzie Borden.
- “Maniac” from Flashdance by Michael Sembello (01:16:00): Esther steals a car. She listens to music and smokes a cigarette. A police officer tracks down Esther.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Day Shift’
The Orphan: First Kill soundtrack also includes:
- “Toccata” by Paul Mottram
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.