The Old soundtrack includes music by Saleka Night Shyamalan, Mila and Heikura. This info article contains spoilers for M. Night Shyamalan’s 2021 movie on HBO Max. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Old stars Gael García Bernal as Guy Cappa, an actuary who takes his family to an island resort. Vicky Krieps co-stars as Prisca Cappa, Guy’s sick wife who plans to move forward with a divorce after their vacation. The storyline follows the protagonists as they realize that something on a private island causes people to age rapidly, including their two children (Alex Wolff, Thomasin McKenzie). Composer Trevor Gureckis (Servant) scored the 108-minute film; music supervisor Susan Jacobs (The Many Saints of Newark) handled the featured needle-drops. Here’s every song in Old.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘The Lost City’
Old Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “Remain” by Saleka Night Shyamalan (00:01:00): Eleven-Year-Old Maddox (Alexa Swinton) sings in a vehicle. She travels in an Anamika Resort van with her family. The Old soundtrack song is also featured at 00:13:00, 01:19:00 and 01:41:00.
- “To Reo Iti Maru by Mila (00:03:00): The Cappa family arrives at Anamika Resort. They are greeted by the manager (Gustaf Hammarsten). The music plays from inside a resort building as Madrid (Francesca Eastwood) arrives with drinks.
- “Kirahu E” by Mila (00:06:00): Maddox enjoys some beach time. Six-year-old Trent (Nolan River) hangs out with Idlib (Kailen Jude). They introduce themselves to Sophia Watson (Louise Walter), Greg Mitchell (Daniel Ison) and Malin Mitchell (Julietta Rodriguez).
- “More Dough for the Cookin'” by Aaron Pierre (00:07:00): The Old soundtrack song scores a beach sequence. Maddox watches a group of kids have fun. The music drops as she stands alone.
- “Farara Matai” by Mila (00:10:00): Chrystal (Abbey Lee) orders a Calcium Bomb for breakfast. She tells six-year-old Kara (Kylie Begley) to sit up. Charles (Rufus Sewell) sits in silence with Agnes (Kathleen Chalfant).
- “Vahine Oe No Tahiti” by APM Music (00:13:00): An Anamika Resort driver (M. Night Shyamalan) prepares to transport guests. The music plays from his van. Shyamalan’s character goes through a guest checklist as the Old soundtrack song continues.
- “Motu Uta” by Heikura (01:35:00): The camera pans across a dining area at Anamika Resort. The manager speaks with Idlib. He tells the boy that Maddox and Trent went home, and that they “don’t matter.”
- “Tapuai Manu” by Liliane (01:36:00): Mr. Brody (Jeffrey Holsman) and Mrs. Brody (Deidra Ciolko) arrive at Anamika Resort. The manager greets them and introduces them to Madrid. The Old soundtrack song continues as Adult Trent (Emun Elliott) and Adult Maddox (Embeth Davidtz) show up and warn the Brodys about the resort.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Senior Year’
The Old soundtrack also includes:
- “Orama” by Takita Ma
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Q.V. (Quinn) Hough is Vague Visages’ founding editor.