The Texas Chainsaw Massacre soundtrack includes music by Charley Crockett, Shakey Graves and Walker Lukens. This info article contains spoilers for David Blue Garcia’s 2022 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre stars Sarah Yarkin as Melody, an Austin chef who pursues a business opportunity in Harlow, Texas. Elsie Fisher co-stars as Lila, Melody’s sister who survived a school shooting in the past. When the young protagonists upset an elderly woman, they feel the wrath of her adoptive son, Leatherface. Composer Colin Stetson (Hereditary) scored the franchise movie; music supervisor Peter Afterman (The Trial of the Chicago 7) selected the needle-drop tunes. Here’s every song in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a direct sequel to the 1974 film The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
Read More at VV —
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2022 Netflix Movie
- “The Valley” by Charley Crockett (00:02:00): Lila navigates a Texas convenience store. She spots a “Chainsaw Corkscrew” for sale. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre soundtrack song plays on the speakers.
- “Pay the Road” by Shakey Graves (00:04:00): Lila looks out a backseat window during a trip to Harlow, Texas. She scrolls through a social media account and rolls her collar over a scar. Melody tries to comfort her sister; the song plays later at 01:13:00.
- “Static Currents” by Sybreed (00:05:00): Richter (Moe Dunford) passes by a vehicle driven by Dante (Jacob Latimore). Ruth (Nell Hudson) describes the local man as a “coal roller.” The music can be heard briefly.
- “The Man That Time Forgot” by Charley Crockett (00:24:00): Leatherface (Mark Burnham) cuts off a woman’s skin. Ruth tries to contact someone with a police radio. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre soundtrack song plays at Nic’s Gasoline.
- “Don’t Wanna Be Lonely (Don’t Wanna Leave You Alone)” by Walker Lukens (00:37:00): Melody looks out the window of a former orphanage. Catherine (Jessica Allain) guides investors to a bus.
- “Whiskey Fight” by Moving Panoramas (00:39:00): A bus rider yells “To Harlow!” The Texas Chainsaw Massacre soundtrack song scores the moment. Lila observes a crowd of people.
- “Save a Little” by Frase (00:51:00): Lila speaks with Melody on a bus. She inquires about the external chaos. The sisters embrace.
- “Leatherface Theme” by Bullet Shields (01:14:00): The Texas Chainsaw Massacre soundtrack song plays during the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Dancing on Glass’
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre soundtrack also includes:
- “Prime Suspect” by Studio Musicians
- “Tighten the Noose” by Studio Musicians
- “Forwardly Onward” by James Murray
- “Like Gold (Birocratic Remix)” by Maddy O’Neal
- “Tear It Out of My Heart” by Walker Lukens
- “Wanted Man” by Rogelio Douglas Jr.
- “Cuz It Feels Good” by Coco Bvtter
- “Give You” by Coco Bvtter
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.
Q.V. (Quinn) Hough is Vague Visages’ founding editor.