The Encanto soundtrack includes music by Stephanie Beatriz, Carlos Vives and Sebastián Yatra. This info article contains spoilers for Jared Bush, Byron Howard and Charise Castro Smith’s 2021 Disney movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Disney’s Encanto stars Stephanie Beatriz as Mirabel Madrigal, a Colombian adolescent who investigates her family’s supernatural gifts. María Cecilia Botero co-stars as Abuela Alma Madrigal, the family matriarch who urges her granddaughter not to worry about her lack of magical powers. Composer Germaine Franco (Little) scored the 109-minute tale, which was conceived in part by Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda. Here’s every song in Encanto.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Senior Year’
Encanto Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Disney Movie
- “The Family Madrigal” by Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz & Cast (00:04:00): Mirabel sings about familial dynamics and her family history. Children inquire about the protagonist’s powers. The Encanto soundtrack song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” is foreshadowed.
- “Colombia, Mi Encanto” by Carlos Vives (00:15:00): A night of celebration begins. Children giggle and spot a glowing door. The music fades with an overhead shot. “Colombia, Mi Encanto” plays again at 01:30:00 and scores the end credits.
- “Waiting on a Miracle” by Stephanie Beatriz (00:22:00): Mirabel sings as time freezes. She acknowledges her insecurities and hopes for an opportunity to shine. The protagonist worries about being “too late.”
- “Surface Pressure” by Jessica Darrow (00:34:00): The Encanto soundtrack song features Luisa (Jessica Darrow). She sings about the pressures of being the oldest sister. The character reflects about her responsibilities.
- “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” by Carolina Gaitán, Maura Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz & Cast (00:46:00): Pepa (Carolina Gaitán) and Félix (Mauro Castillo) remember getting married in a hurricane. Various characters inform Mirabel about their experiences with her uncle. The song hypes up the legend of Bruno (John Leguizamo).
- “What Else Can I Do?” by Diane Guerrero & Stephanie Beatriz (01:08:00): Maribel attempts to “hug it out” with her sister. Isabela (Diane Guerrero) reflects about hiding her emotions. The Encanto soundtrack song continues as the sisters sing about “making waves and changing minds.”
- “Dos Oruguitas” by Sebastián Yatra (01:18:00): Abuela Alma thinks about her past. The lyrics correlate with her experiences of growing apart from others and then coming back together. The music fades as the character discusses a magical miracle that gave her a second chance in life.
- “All of You” by Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz, John Leguizamo, Adassa, Maluma & Cast (01:24:00): Mirabel sings about being “more than just your gift.” The locals arrive and offer their support to the Madrigal family. Mirabel and Abuela Alma discuss their home’s new foundation.
- “Two Oruguitas” by Sebastián Yatra (01:33:00): The Encanto soundtrack song plays during the end credits.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Along for the Ride’
Encanto released theatrically in November 2021.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.