The Being the Ricardos soundtrack includes music by Javier Bardem, Michael Andrew Orchestra and Champion Jack Dupree. This info article contains spoilers for Aaron Sorkin’s 2021 Amazon movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Being the Ricardos stars Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, respectively. In November 1952, the couple rehearses for an I Love Lucy episode while dealing with bad press that could end their show. Composer Daniel Pemberton (The Trial of the Chicago 7) scored the Amazon film; music supervisor Mary Ramos (Kill Bill) selected the featured needle-drop tracks. Here’s every song in Being the Ricardos.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘All the Old Knives’
Being the Ricardos Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Amazon Movie
- “She Could Shake the Maracas” by Javier Bardem (00:19:00): Desi sings while filming Too Many Girls at RKO Pictures. Lucille watches from the side of the stage. The Being the Ricardos soundtrack song precedes the characters’ first meeting.
- “A La Nanita Nana” by Traditional (00:20:00): Desi sings while playing a guitar. The camera pans up from the floor to Lucille smoking a cigarette. Desi stops upon realizing that he is being watched.
- “Rumba Internacional” by Michael Andrew Orchestra (00:22:00): Lucille challenges Desi to use a new pick-up line. The orchestral music kicks in during a party sequence. Lucille and Desi dance together and discuss their movie.
- “Tres Palabras” by Michael Andrew Orchestra (00:23:00): Lucille and Desi dance to slow music. Kidman’s character discusses her past in New York. Desi reveals that he left Cuba when the Bolsheviks burned his house down.
- “Nothing Rhymes with Lucille” by Javier Bardem (00:24:00): Desi sings at home by himself. He makes a lyrical joke about rhyming Lucille with bastille. The Being the Ricardos soundtrack song drops when Kidman’s character enters the room.
- “Babalu” by Javier Bardem (00:45:00): Desi performs live at Ciro’s on Sunset Boulevard. He excitedly plays the bongos as the audience cheers.
- “Cuban Pete” by Javier Bardem (00:48:00): A band plays at Ciro’s. Desi performs live while watching his wife. Lucille gains the attention of fans.
- “Junker’s Blues” by Champion Jack Dupree (01:02:00): Lucille arrives at Boardner’s in Hollywood with William Frawley (J. K. Simmons). They discuss Desi and masculinity concepts. The Being the Ricardos soundtrack song plays in the background.
- “A Lucy Radio Show” by Michael Andrew Orchestra (01:37:00): Lucille records My Favorite Husband at CBS with Richard Denning. A group of performers sing a radio promo jingle for jello.
- “I Love Lucy Theme” by Michael Andrew Orchestra (01:43:00): Lucille convinces executives to cast Desi in I Love Lucy. The scene transitions to a Friday night taping for season 2. The band plays the show’s theme song; it can be heard again at 01:58:00.
Read More at VV — Soundtracks of Cinema: ‘Along for the Ride’
The Being the Ricardos soundtrack also includes “Uno Dos Cinco” and “Waiting for My Gal” by the Michael Andrew Orchestra.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor and chief film critic.