The Pig soundtrack includes music by The Flamingos, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Bruce Springsteen. This info article contains spoilers for Michael Sarnoski’s 2021 movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Pig stars Nicolas Cage as an Oregon man, Rob, who looks for his missing truffle hog. Alex Wolff co-headlines as Amir, an entrepreneur with a familial connection to the titular swine. Musically, the drama film incorporates several classical productions to thematically complement and contrast with the roaming minds of the protagonists. Here’s every featured song in Pig, a 92-minute drama featuring a score by composers Alexis Grapsas and Philip Klein.
Pig Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Movie
- “A Dead Man Walking” by Tony Lee Stafford Jr., Michael Dennish Smith, NineOneOne (00:14:00): Rob enters a diner. He asks to see Marge. Cage’s character learns that the woman passed away a decade prior.
- “Dies Irae — Requiem Mass” by Giuseppe Verdi (00:16:00): Rob sits in the passenger seat of a vehicle. Amir drives and listens to a man discuss the staying power of classical music.
- “Black Veil” by Roseblood (00:21:00): Rob arrives at a bar. The Pig soundtrack song plays as he roams around. “Black Veil” fades as Rob locates Edgar (Darius Pierce).
- “Work That Skirt by Jo Part (00:24:00): Rob walks through an alley and encounters a chef named Dave. Amir joins the conversation.
- “I Only Have Eyes for You” by The Flamingos (00:28:00): The Pig soundtrack song scores a fight sequence. Rob gets punched during a flashback moment. The song plays as Rob and Amir approach Edgar in the present.
- “Lacrimosa — Requiem in D Minor” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (00:55:00): Rob walks away from Amir. The music kicks in as Cage’s character grabs a bicycle. Amir listens to a classical work in his vehicle.
- “I’m on Fire” by Bruce Springsteen (01:26:00): Rob undresses at home. He listens to a recording that his wife made for his birthday in the past. Lori (Cassandra Violet) sings a cover of the 1985 single.
The Pig soundtrack also includes:
- “Dance Macabre” by Camille Saint-Saens
- “Lakme — Flower Duet” by Delibes
- “Wilder” by Slang
- “Dizi” by Cheng Yu
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.