The Hit-Monkey soundtrack includes music by COMA-CHI, Jacky and Faust. This info article contains spoilers for Will Speck and Josh Gordon’s Hulu series. Visit the Soundtracks of Television section for more Vague Visages music guides.
Hit-Monkey follows a Japanese macaque assassin (Fred Tatasciore) and a human ghost named Bryce (Jason Sudeikis). Together, the unlikely duo seek revenge against Yakuza members who ambushed a monkey tribe. In a subplot, a justice warrior named Akiko (Olivia Munn) fights against corruption with her uncle, Shinji (George Takei). Composer Daniel Rojas (Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts) scored the Marvel adaptation; music supervisor James Cartwright (Insecure) loaded up the soundtrack with numerous electro productions from Japan. Here’s every featured song in Hit-Monkey.
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 1 “Pilot”
- “The Hype” by Shopping (00:02): The Hit-Monkey soundtrack tune scores an airport sequence. Bryce arrives in Tokyo. He jokes with a customs agent.
- “The Voices of Kamuy” by COMA-CHI (00:06): Akiko rides her bicycle. The song plays briefly as she travels to meet her uncle, Shinji.
- “Faust” by Secret Colors (00:24): Bryce dies in Hit-Monkey’s arms. The music scores an outdoors sequence. The monkey grabs various weapons and heads to Tokyo.
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 2 “Bright Lights, Big City”
- “Smokin’ Like a Yurufuwa” by Yurufuwa Gang & Ryan Hemsworth (00:09): Hit-Monkey crawls through dark alleyways in Tokyo. He argues with Bryce. The music fades as the characters look for a place with free wifi.
- “Beautiful Okinawa” by Kaori Kitsu, Group Sakura, Shigeri Kitsu & Saburou Makino (00:10): Hit-Monkey secures a room. The song plays lightly in the background.
- “Believe E.S.P.” by Deerhoof (00:19): Hit-Monkey tries on some new threads. Bryce gets turned on by a six-inch inseam. Hit-Monkey groans when asked about a missing tie.
- “Dripping Sun” by Kikagaku Moyo (00:24): Bryce inquires about Akiko. The monkey spots his crush. The music plays over the end graphic.
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 3 “Legend of the Drunken Monkey”
- “Habatoli Souna” by Oswald D’Andrea (00:08): The Hit-Monkey soundtrack tune scores a sequence at Double Dragon Casino. A Yakuza member takes a bullet to the gut. The monkey tries to escape.
- “Toggles” by Jacky (00:13): Hit-Monkey gets angry at a casino. Bryce urges him to please the crowd. The monkey downs shots and boogies for the guests.
- “On Sunset Strip” by Gregory Antoine Angele Cotti (00:15): Bryce plans to win his way to the High Rollers room. The drunken money earns big money. Bryce lives out a “non-sexual fantasy.”
- “Kono Samourai” by Yamasuki Singers (00:16): Hit-Monkey heads to the High Rollers room. The music fades when Bryce spots the office of their targets.
- “Rush on the Ball” by Janko Nilovic (00:23): The Hit-Monkey soundtrack music scores the end credits.
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 4 “The Code”
- “Happy Funksters” by Invasion from Mars (00:09): The Hit-Monkey soundtrack music scores a street sequence. Akiko rides on her bicycle wearing ear pods. Ozu’s team spreads propaganda.
- “At Sunset” by Gerhard Narholz & Manuel Landy (00:17): Hit-Monkey tracks down The Accountant. Bryce makes a George Orwell-themed joke. The Accountant pretends not that he’s not actually in his secret quarters.
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 5 “Run Monkey Run”
- “Gentlemen After Dark” by Dark Rooms (00:17): Hit-Monkey checks himself out in a mirror. Bryce takes a picture. The Hit-Monkey soundtrack tune continues as Sudeikis’ character complains about being a “sidekick.”
- “Bebe Chat” by AXS Music (00:20): Hit-Monkey knocks at Akiko’s window. Bryce offers a commentary as a cat growls. Hit-Monkey eats a persimmon as the episode ends.
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 6 “The Long Goodbye”
- “Love Is All” by Madeline Ball (00:00): Hit-Monkey bathes and enjoys time with Akiko. Meanwhile, Bryce scoffs while observing his furry pal. The Hit-Monkey soundtrack song plays during a breakfast sequence.
- “The Voices of Kamuy” by COMA-CHI (00:19): A female “fixer” named Lady Bullseye flies to Tokyo. She kills a flight attendant and a bar patron. The music closes out the episode.
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 7 “Sayonara Monkey”
- “Speedway (Bossa Nova)” by Cicci Santucci feat. Complesso Freelands (00:00): The Hit-Monkey soundtrack music scores a Tokyo Zoo sequence. An employee enters the Japanese Macaque cage. She discovers the remains of numerous snow monkeys.
- “Hood Champion” by Thomas Frinking (00:17): Hit-Monkey assembles various weapons. Bryce worries about Lady Bullseye, the assassin from the end of episode 6. Akiko arrives home and wonders what the hell is going on.
- “Mén” by Fanel (00:21): Hit-Monkey clashes with Bryce. The animal leaves the ghost in a bathroom and walks away. Hit-Monkey whimpers and returns to his home as the episode ends.
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 8 “Home Sweet Home”
- “While You Stand” by Michael Nat (00:00): The Hit-Monkey soundtrack music plays during a climactic montage. Young Bryce abandons Hayley and his daughter. In the present, Hit-Monkey reunites with Bryce the ghost.
- “Evil Heart” by 5 Alarm (00:22): Bryce spots a billboard featuring Shinji and Ozu. He wonders how long he had been sitting in a bathroom before Hit-Monkey arrived. The music scores the end credits.
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 9 “The End: Part One”
- “Bike” by Orchestra Cometa (00:04): The main protagonists prepare to take on Ichiro Hasaki, the Bonsai Master. The Hit-Monkey soundtrack music plays during a Reservoir Dogs-style slo-mo sequence.
- “Stroll” by Alan Lewis & Reg Own (00:06): Lady Bullseye tries on a dress. She discusses the monkey and Bryce with her tailor.
- “Kimikara 12 Cm” by Andrea Monorchio & Gun Kawamura (00:12): Hit-Monkey takes out various enemies during a stylized sequence. Bryce expresses his approval. The characters get ready for the “main course.”
Hit-Monkey Soundtrack: Every Song in Season 1, Episode 10 “The End: Part Two”
- “Boogaloo” by The Wasurete Motels (00:09): The Silver Samurai scales a building. Hit-Monkey slides down with Bryce. The song fades when the titular character crashes through a window.
- “Kyoto Sanzen In” by Koji Onada (00:10): Bryce and Hit-Monkey board an elevator. Akiko worries about their safety. Lady Bullseye attacks Hit-Monkey.
- “돌고 돌아도” by sjh (00:18): Hit-Monkey buries his pistol. Akiko says a prayer for Bryce. Hit-Monkey gets drunk and spots Bryce’s ghost.
- “Secret Colours” by Faust (00:22): Akiko sits in the morgue and looks at Lady Bullseye’s body. She takes the character’s mask and assumes a new identity. The Hit-Monkey soundtrack music scores the end credits.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.