The Four of Us soundtrack features music by Whipallas, Pudeldame and Flora Cash. This info article contains spoilers for Florian Gottschick’s 2021 Netflix movie. Check out Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section for more music guides.
Nilam Farooq headlines The Four of Us as Janina, a journalist who participates in a partner swap with her friend Maria (Paula Kalenberg). Louis Nitsche and Jonas Nay co-star as the female protagonists’ significant others — Ben and Nils, respectively. During a beach house getaway, the characters work out lingering issues about their hopes and fears, with music supervisor Milena Fessmann (The Billion Dollar Code) dispersing most of the featured tunes during the first half of the 88-minute film. Here’s every song in The Four of Us (Du Sie Er & Wir).
The Four of Us Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2021 Netflix Movie
- “Welcome to the Start” by Whipallas (00:05:00): The Four of Us soundtrack music scores the title sequence. Ben and Maria drive to the home of Nils’ father. The song fades as the couple arrives at their destination.
- “Premium” by Pudeldame (00:07:00): A split screen visual shows Nils on the road with Janina. The couples joke about a violent altercation. Another split screen visual highlights Ben’s outdoor activities with Maria.
- “Hate Myself” by Dodie (00:18:00): Maria and Ben worry about breaking the partner swap rules (no sex). In a split screen visual, Janina enjoys a glass of a white wine at a beach. She takes a selfie and receives a video message from her editor.
- “Close to You” by Dayglow (00:20:00): Janina dances in her room. The Four of Us soundtrack song continues during a dinner tracking shot. “Close to You” cuts when the main characters begin eating.
- “Empty Note” by Ghostly Kisses (00:30:00): Nils grabs a bottle of liquor after learning about Janina’s pregnancy. Marie sips on red wine while avoiding her partner. The song transitions to a piano instrumental as the characters discuss their relationships.
- “You’re Somebody Else” by Flora Cash (00:37:00): The two couples agree to stare at each for four minutes straight. Janina trembles as Maria watches with a slight smirk. Nils also smiles while gazing at Maria.
- “Give Me Light” by Marti West (00:42:00): Ben helps Maria with a wound. Janina shows up and talks about killing herself. She then cleans up her vomit in correlation with the lyric “Fear, don’t find me now.”
- “Ich Ich Ich” by Pudeldame (01:25:00): The Four of Us soundtrack music scores the end credits and bloopers sequence.
The Four of Us soundtrack also includes “Early Morning Song” by Emma Elisabeth.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.