The Freaky soundtrack features music by Dua Lipa, The Chordettes and Haiku Hands. This info article contains spoilers for Christopher Landon’s 2020 movie. Check out more music guides in Vague Visages’ Soundtracks of Cinema section.
In Freaky, teenager Millie Kessler (Kathryn Newton) attempts to reclaim her identity after switching bodies with a serial killer. Meanwhile, The Blissfield Butcher (Vince Vaughn) navigates the community in the body of a young woman. Music supervisor Rob Lowry (Gossip Girl) peppers the 101-minute film with nine mainstream tracks. See below for a list of every featured song in Freaky, a 2020 horror comedy directed by Christopher Landon.
Freaky Soundtrack: Every Song in the 2020 Movie
- “Omm!” by morgxn (00:12): Millie visits with Mr. Daniels (Alonzo Ward) and his dog. Josh (Misha Osherovich) pulls up in his vehicle and says “I love your black wiener, Mr. Daniels.” The Freaky soundtrack song can be heard in the background.
- “Physical” by Dua Lipa (00:18): Homecoming weekend begins in Blissfield. “Physical” plays over a football sequence. Millie performs as a beaver mascot and gets bulled by male athletes.
- “Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)” by The Chordettes (00:35): The Blissfield Butcher (in Millie’s body) looks at a brown leather jacket. The character arrives at the local school in a slo-mo shot. The Freaky soundtrack song teases imminent chaos.
- “Don’t Trust Anyone!” by $uicideboy$, Travis Barker feat. Munky (00:36): The Blissfield Butcher arrives at the high school in Millie’s body. “Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)” fades, distorts and transitions into “Don’t Trust Anyone!” The students are shocked by the new appearance of a seemingly familiar peer.
- “Death of Me” by PVRIS (01:19): The Blissfield High homecoming dance is in full swing. The camera zooms in on the Blissfield Butcher (as Millie). Lyrically, the track once again teases bloody murder: “Baby, you could be the death of me / Maybe I’m crazy / I know you’re danger.”
- “Impact” by Darlyn Vlys feat. Alice de St Victor (01:22): The Blissfield Butcher kills Bret (Ezra Sexton) with a chainsaw. The music kicks in as Millie arrives at the dance, wearing an Aaron Rodgers mask, with her friends. The Freaky soundtrack song ramps up after Vaughn’s female character states “Do not try to be a hero.”
- “Trap Door” by Yacht Money (01:23): Booker (Uriah Shelton) informs Nyla (Celeste O’Connor) about Brett’s death. The song instrumental plays briefly as the police arrive. The supporting protagonists feel trapped.
- “Suck My Cherry” by Haiku Hands (01:36): The film ends with Millie stating “I am a fucking piece” — a callback to an earlier comment made by Josh. The Freaky soundtrack song plays over the end credits. “Suck My Cherry” includes the lyric “I’ma crack my whip / Now you wear the pants / Switch,” which of course thematically connects to the film’s premise.
The Freaky soundtrack also includes “I Witness” by Extreme Music, “Happy as Larry” by Extreme Music and “StickUp!” by Kari Faux.
Q.V. Hough (@QVHough) is Vague Visages’ founding editor.