It’s new music Tuesday and I’m checking out the latest tracks on Spotify’s “New Music Tuesday” playlist. I’ve heard a little Jessie J and followed up that with some country from Little Big Town, but now it’s time for Kiesza. No, I have no idea who or what Kiesza is, but my first guess would be a Brooklyn indie band. Here we go.
- Whoa! Strong female accapella…oh yeah, and she’s got that clap going on too. That sounded bad.
- “Losin’ my mind, yayee, yayee”
- It’s for the children!
- Testify, girl.
- Feeling this vibe.
- Now I’m singing along. “You got me losin’ my mind (uh huh, uh huh).”
- I just imagined Carlton Banks grooving to this.
- Halfway through – simple yet effective.
- Oh, shit. Somebody’s dropping’ a verse!
- Lamar Odom reference! Is he still in the NBA?
- Feeling the flow.
- Well, that was slick (*adds to Spotify favorites*).
- That’s it folks, three minutes and 51 seconds of swaying to the left and the right. Not quite material for my 5.5 sprint playlist at the gym, but I can hook Kiesza up on the slow jog swing.
- Just googled Kiesza. What?!
- Mick Jenkins is the man droppin’ 16 bars.
Kiesza. KIESZA! Now I know…now I know. I need some more Kiesza.